Solus Virtual Manager (SolusVM) is a powerful GUI-based VPS management system which allows you to monitor your VPS status and change basic settings.
Inside SolusVM you will see all your VPS with us. Click on Manage next to the VPS in question in order to access its management panel.
- Reboot - reboots your VPS; may be needed if VPS has stopped responding
- Shutdown - turns off your VPS server
- Boot - turns on your VPS server
- Reinstall - reinstalls OS on your VPS
- Select the Hostname tab
- In the New Hostname field input the new server hostname of your choosing and click Change.
- Select the Root Password tab
- In the New Root Password field input the new root password and click Change.
- Select the API tab
- Click on Generate in order to generate a new pair of API user/password.
You can check more information about SolusVM API usage here.
Â 5. How to check VPS usage statistics
In the Controls section select the Statistics tab and a time period from the drop-down list to see Traffic and Disk Space usage log:
Â 6. How to access server via Serial Console
Serial Console is a SolusVM feature that enables an SSH connection via a separate IP address using session-specific random login details. It can be used when you canâ€™t connect to your VPS via regular means, for example, due to a firewall misconfiguration:
- To access this feature, click on the Serial Console button
- On the next page, select the time period access will be granted for and click Create Session:
- On the next page, you will be provided with SSH access details which can be used in any SSH client (or use Java console on the same page).
- Navigate to the Network tab.Â Here you can see the list of the IPs assigned to your VPS and the Reverse DNS column.
- Click on [Edit]:
- A pop-up window will show up, input a new or edit the existing PTR record. Click on Update:
- Click on the Log button on the main page:
- Here you can check certain actions like VPS reboot or root password change which were made from the SolusVM panel:
- You can also look up your VPS current disk space usage and remaining bandwidth: